Fantasy Football: Waiver Wire Pickups – Week One 2013/14
Based on < 50% ownership
* Josh Freeman: Had his inconsistencies last season, which does remain a worry. However he has plenty of weapons and we see him putting them to get use, especially against mediocre teams such as the Jets.
* Ryan Tannerhill: Went under the radar as a rookie last season as the likes of Wilson, Luck and RG3 stole the thunder. He won’t be breaking many fantasy records, but he makes for a nice backup and potential bye week replacement.
* Christine Michael: His ownership is growing rapidly, so get in board quickly. Will be huge should Lynch go down.
* Bilal Powell: Tough to recommend any Jets in fantasy (unless the opposition is playing them), but Powell has been named on top of depth chart, and that alone means you need to take notice given the rare commodity that is a running back this season.
* Darrius Heyward-Bey: A change of scenery and plenty of upside. With Luck at the helm, he is certainly worth a look.
* Jacoby Jones: Player movements and injuries have paved the way for Jacoby to step up. Flacco will look his way and be the replacement for Boldin.
* Jordan Cameron: Norv Turner loves his TE’s (Gates), and we see Weedon improving.
* Zach Zudfield: No Gronk, no problems. Great opportunity, and will useful in the short-term in particular.
* Julius Thomas: Starting TE for the Broncos. Hello Peyton Manning!
* Dan Bailey: The Boys shouldn’t have any problems moving the ball. Bailey should see plenty of looks.
* Steven Hauschka: Wilson and Lynch will lead the way, but no Harvin, which limits the Seahawks fire power, with potential stalls in the redzone. Enter Mr. Hauschka.
* Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Up against the J-E-T-S in week one. Enough said!
* Cleveland Browns: A lot of potential here… Reasonably attractive first matchup against the Dolphins at home.
Have a question? Ask us…